Below are some helpful hints for getting the most value out of your Netc Label System.
- Surge Suppressors: When using a color laser printer connected through a surge suppressor, make sure the surge suppressor is a high quality unit. Low quality surge suppressors can degrade print quality by preventing the printer from receiving enough power to bring the internal print mechanism to the correct internal temperature. This condition will affect all printing.
- Supported printers: The Netc Label system supports the following printers:
- Hewlett Packard Color LaserJet 3500 series
- Hewlett Packard Color LaserJet 3550 series
- Hewlett Packard Color LaserJet 3800 series
- Konica-Minolta Magicolor 2300 DL
- Konica-Minolta Magicolor 2350 DL
- Please note: New printers are continuously being tested and approved for use with the Netc Label Software System. Even if your printer is not listed above, it may perform fine as long as the printer driver contains paper handling setting options (i.e., tough paper, heavy paper, etc.) for proper printing on Netc Blank Label Stock.
- Printer Settings: Please make sure your printer settings are set appropriately for printing on Netc Blank Label Stock.
- Media Type: Select a media type of "Tough Paper" or "Thick Stock" or equivalent.
- Resolution: For best results, we recommend printing your Netc labels at 600dpi or greater.
- Editing a Label or Palette: Double clicking a label or palette bitmap will invoke the appropriate edit dialog.
- Setting multiple palette characters or positions: Attributes can be set for multiple palette characters or positions at the same time. While editing a character or positional palette select multiple items in the list box and set their attributes.
- Netc Label Inventory Assistant: The Netc Label Inventory Assistant is a very effective tool for making sure you don't run out of physical label stock. This free tool will automatically warn you when you are running out of label stock in plenty of time to order more.
- Label Template License Manager: The Label Template License Manager enables you to customize the Netc Label System to better meet your needs by assisting you in choosing the right label template that best matches your budget and media label requirements.
Have a helpful hint?
Many of the best suggestions for improving Netc products and services come from Netc customers. We welcome your input. If you have a helpful hint that you would like to share, please tell us about it using the form below.